Assistive Technology Consortium
The Assistive Technology (AT) Consortium is a unique partnership between HCESC and school districts in southwest Ohio to provide a cost effective means of meeting IDEIA AT requirements. Federal and state regulations specify that each public agency shall ensure that assistive technology devices (equipment) and services (evaluation, purchase, selection, coordination, training the child/staff/family) be considered by someone knowledgeable and provided to every student with an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP).
Members have access to:
- Assistive Technology consultants who will come to your school and assist in:
- conducting a Collaborative Educational Assistive Technology Assessment, which includes selection of AT tools for individual students
- training the team (including families) in the customization, implementation and operation of the chosen equipment
- The Assistive Technology loan library which contains thousands of up to date low to high tech equipment and software. Equipment categories include communication devices, customized mobile devices and tablets, computer based tools, computer access adaptations, writing tools, switches, mounts, adaptive toys, and much more.
- A variety of professional development opportunities.
- The password protected AT website with equipment/software tutorials, tips and tricks for integration of technology, hundreds of click and print activities, web links, presentations, and much, much more.
Teresa Clevidence, 513.674.4568